Tuesday, July 10, 2012

C4T #4

Mr. Chamberlain
Mr. Chamberlain has introduced a concept within his blog post I think a lot of teachers would find helpful and need to adopt. He has formerly introduced the Ipad and iTV into his classroom and said the effects were positive, however he still was looking for that extra something. After going to a convention he purchased a Nexus 7 to add with his preexisting classroom technology. He says he hopes to create a Reflective Learning atmosphere for his future students in August.
After reading his blog post, I realized I have heard of this concept multiple times in previous assigned blog posts. His style however is a little different and I like that. He wants to not only use technology but incorporate Journals, not because his students do not have access to computers but because it will enhance their ability to learn reflectively. I like his style, I think it is important that students learn BOTH ways. Each individual student learns different. I think it is important as teachers to fulfill our duties and engage on multiple levels with our students.
Mr. Chamberlain
Mr. Chamberlains most recent blog post expresses his feelings on encouraging students and other bloggers to continue to blog. He says the encouragement commenting brings is very important. I totally agree, although i have not been blogging very long I find it very encouraging to receive feedback. Even if the feedback is just a few encouraging words, it still has the same effect. Mr. Chamberlain also says that through this week one should comment on blogs that we find resourceful. By doing so I think it would increase ones outlook on blogging by realizing that they are making a difference in some ones Personal Learning Network. I have done as Mr. CHamberlain asked and commented on a few other blogs that I have enjoyed following just to see if it would make a difference. I think it is important to encourage fellow teachers and advocates who believe in the enhancement of classrooms through technology. I hope that by encouraging others we can make others see the importance of sharing our knowledge with others.

Through my comment on this blog post, I wanted Mr. Chamberlain to see that his blog posts truly have had an influence on me. By viewing other comments I realized how much his blog had influenced others!

No comments:

Post a Comment