Thursday, June 28, 2012

C4T #3

Diane Dahl
Diane Dahl has introduced a new concept, well new to me, BrainSMART. She elaborates on how this tool can enhance classroom productivity through out her blog she posted on June 1,2012. Her outlook on teachers really was heartwarming. She says, "One reason to feel so positive is that a teacher's job has meaning! We have the future of the world sitting in our classrooms every day. How exciting is that! If you model and teach optimism and positivity every day, you will see amazing results flow! Positivity is a powerful contribution to any classroom." Her outlook on teachers truly intrigues me, It made me realize I am where I need to be in life. Within my comment I shared with her how useful her information was. Also how I hoped to enhance my classroom through the use of the tools she has mentioned within her blogpost. I especially liked reading about BrainSMART and learning how it too can change the atmosphere within the classroom. I also enjoyed the fact that she has taken the time to comment back to my fellow classmates and is willing to help in any way.


Post 2
Dianes second post was titled the Plasticity of the Brain: Spread the Word. This post was about allowing students to see that they are the future and and the tremedous pottential they have in changing the world as we know it. I agree with her I think it is very important to take the time to engage emotionally with students so they realize they are the future. When she speaks of spread the word she means as teachers we are responsible for spreading the knowledge to these students in ways that are benefical to them. They need to learn how to use thinking for learning strategies in order to be "the boss of their brain". These strategies have the ability to cross over as life skills as well. I enjoyed reading both of her posts and have made other contacts to her so that I can use her for future reference.

1 comment:

  1. "...pottential they have in changing..." potential (only 1 t)

    Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete